xDesign is a UK-based Digital Development Partner working with some of the UK’s most recognisable brands like MoneySavingExpert, FanDuel and Tesco Bank. Our reputation as a partner determined to deliver high-quality and robust web and mobile products has enabled us to scale to over 500 people in the last few years.
With even more ambitious growth plans for 2023 and beyond, we are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our expanding team.
About the role and team:
As a Systems Administrator you will be expected to provide exceptional technical assistance and support to our organisation's end-users, ensuring seamless access to technology resources and platforms. This role offers the opportunity to be actively involved in delivering responsive and effective user support, maintaining IT assets, documenting support interactions and solutions, all whilst proactively monitoring infrastructure and system performance. At xDesign you will also maintain and build automations for operational efficiency and security policies.
We strongly believe in educating end-users on best practices, collaborating with cross-functional teams, continuously learning and maintaining a strong customer-centric focus as key elements of our company's mission. You will become a key component of the team to engage in capacity planning and scaling efforts, uphold meticulous best practices and actively share knowledge to support the xDesign's growth and success.
- Build, configure, deploy and maintain company Apple Macs (and other Apple products) for new and existing employees
- Maintaining of IT asset inventory
- Administration of SaaS applications
- Cloud Estate Management in AWS and Azure
- Support the roll out of new SaaS applications and assist with projects
- Work as part of the team to obtain Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation each year
- Supports up to 1st and 2nd Line assistance for internal tools and products
- Work with team members to assist in resolving any device related problems and any training if required
- Conduct staff IT inductions and training
- Assist in compliance with ISO27001
- Management of our DLP solution
We’d love to talk to you if you have:
- System Administration/IT Support experience
- Experience with MDM and identity access management
- Keen interest in security both physical and digital, keeping at the forefront of an ever-changing systems landscape
- Experience of supporting MacOS devices
- Willingness to learn, self-study and overcome technical issues
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
What we’ll offer you:
Our benefits include:
- 6 paid learning and development days a year and a generous individual budget
- Total 35 days holiday (we have flexible bank holidays)
- Comprehensive private medical insurance
- Enhanced parental and adoption leave
- 1-1 professional financial coaching
- Up to 50% off an electric vehicle
- Pension - matched up to 5%
View our complete list of benefits here.
At xDesign, we believe great digital experiences are built by great people who nurture great relationships. We're truly a people-first business and continuously work to make xDesign a comfortable, diverse and inclusive place for everyone.
Our people-focused approach recently earned us the #1 spot on the “UK’s Best Workplaces™ in Tech 2022”, #1 spot on “UK’s Best Workplace for Wellbeing 2023"
We are a remote-first company, so our employees can choose what works best for them. Our offices are based in central Edinburgh and Leeds, which you can use as much or as little as you wish. We see the value in face-to-face collaboration, so we budgets for you to meet with your team.
We create and reinforce a culture that rewards employees’ impact, not just activity. We trust our employees to work autonomously and promote ownership across all levels.
Our Talent Acquisition team aim to respond to all applications within a reasonable timeframe, regardless of if we are progressing with your application.
Our interview process:
- 30-minute recruiter call
- 1-hour technical assessment
- 1-hour values interview
We believe that representative teams made up of people with different backgrounds, skills, and points of view help us build the best workplace possible, and enable us to create genuinely innovative, broadly useful products.
We are committed to our goal of creating the most inclusive workplace possible. As we strive to build an environment where everyone can thrive and be themselves, we will continue to investigate and challenge biases, while working to identify and remove obstacles to inclusion. If you need additional support or accommodation during the application process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.