xDesign is a UK based digital consultancy and delivery partner working with some of the UK’s most recognisable brands like MoneySavingExpert, FanDuel and Tesco Bank. Our reputation as a partner determined to deliver high-quality and robust web and mobile products has enabled us to scale to over 500 people in the last few years.
Since expanding into Leeds in 2021 and growing our local teams, xDesign has taken an active role in the Leeds digital scene, sponsoring the Leeds Digital Festival and Leeds Unleashed as well as creating a variety of new jobs in the region.
This is an opportunity to join as Head of Region at a pivotal moment in our growth journey.
About the role and team:
We are looking for an experienced practice leader with a background in consultancy and regional operational growth to take on an exciting new opportunity as our Head of Region for Leeds. Working closely with our other Heads of Regions, this role will be fundamental in continuing our regional growth, driving success for our clients, our colleagues and our community. A leader who can thoroughly embrace, drive and champion xDesign’s collaborative culture whilst utilising their entrepreneurial mindset to achieve our ambitious plans for positive impact for the Leeds region and the sector.
Reporting to our Chief Client Officer, you will work in tandem with other leaders across our centralised functions and delivery to provide unity and direction throughout the business and ultimately help to deliver our strategic and commercial goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- The role will require a blend of peer-level collaboration as well as an influential voice that can lead from the front and take ownership of a prestigious portfolio of clients
- You’ll bring a people-first mentality and be a naturally confident networker who actively contributes to the growth of the business and ensures that the team is energised by the impact they have on this journey
- Actively invest in the technology industry we play such a large part in, such as attendance at company, industry and networking events as a key representative of xDesign and the Leeds region
- Aiming to exceed client expectations in order to continuously improve our NPS
- Continue to build on our employee-centric vision, driving colleague engagement and interaction within our Leeds office
- Work closely with our in-house Talent Acquisition team to forecast demand, engage with the community and build a network of relationships
We would love to talk to you if you:
- Demonstrate success in aligning organisational goals and objectives. You will be versed in P&L responsibility, creating and delivering on regional vision and roadmaps
- Experienced and highly motivated to participate in the local business community, events, and steering groups, both personally and with the wider team
- Offer extensive and established experience as a commercial leader in a technology or digital focused professional services business, adept in shaping opportunities and selling complex services propositions that exceed client expectations
- Have a demonstrable track record of driving exponential growth across a technology/ digital company, managing or delivering projects for FTSE 200 clients and making use of your extensive network of digital leaders
- Are a naturally confident C-suite communicator and networker with the gravitas to represent xDesign externally, offering entrepreneurial spirit and commercial awareness of digital focused professional services business
- Have a passion for business development and account management and be comfortable with deals in the millions of pounds
- Understands how to inspire teams to think differently and drive growth for their industry, business, category and product / service whilst creating an environment that offers varying working styles that allow individuals to excel
- Can demonstrate a people-centred mentality to effectively mentor, inspire and grow the team into the xDesign leaders of the future
What we'll offer you:
It’s an exciting time in xDesign’s growth journey. We’re in a strong commercial position and have taken a significant market share in the regions we operate.
This is a rare and impactful opportunity to have regional autonomy and a true voice in the way we shape our localised strategy and direction, combined with all the support that comes with a high growth business named by Great Place To Work as one of the best places to work in the UK for the third year running.
Our benefits include:
- 6 paid learning and development days a year and a generous individual budget
- Total 35 days holiday (we have flexible bank holidays)
- Comprehensive private medical insurance
- Enhanced parental and adoption leave
- 1-1 professional financial coaching
- Up to 50% off an electric vehicle
- Pension - matched up to 5%
At xDesign, we believe great digital experiences are built by great people who nurture great relationships. We're truly a people-first business and continuously work to make xDesign a comfortable, diverse and inclusive place for everyone.
Our people-focused approach recently earned us the #5 spot on the “UK’s Best Workplaces™ in Tech 2023”, and #1 spot on “UK’s Best Workplace for Wellbeing 2023”.
We are looking for our Head of Leeds to be based in and around Leeds and within easy commuting distance of our Leeds office for regular connection with colleagues, as well as being supported in their set up to work effectively remotely.
We create and reinforce a culture that rewards employees’ impact, not just activity. We trust our employees to work autonomously and promote ownership across all levels.
Our Talent team aims to respond to all applications within a reasonable timeframe, regardless of whether or not we progress your application.
Our interview process:
- 30 minute call with one of our Talent Acquisition Team
- 1 hour competency based interview with our Chief Client Officer
- 1 hour 20 minute panel interview (Candidate Presentation & Q&A)
- 1 hour 15 minute people leadership & values interview
- Meet with our CEO and Chief Growth Officer
Our interview process is designed as an opportunity both for our interviewers to learn about your expertise, interests and motivations and for you to gain insights into the role, team and business as a whole, so throughout the process, you’ll meet a few people from our Commercial team as well as others from our wider teams to help you get a well-rounded view of the role and life at xDesign.
We believe that representative teams made up of people with different backgrounds, skills, and points of view help us build the best workplace possible and enable us to create genuinely innovative, broadly useful products.
We are committed to our goal of creating the most inclusive workplace possible. As we strive to build an environment where everyone can thrive and be themselves, we will continue to investigate and challenge biases, while working to identify and remove obstacles to inclusion. If you need additional support or accommodation during the application process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.