xDesign is a UK-based Digital Development Partner working with some of the UK’s most recognisable brands like MoneySavingExpert, FanDuel and Tesco Bank. Our reputation as a partner determined to deliver high-quality and robust web and mobile products has enabled us to scale to over 500 people in the last few years.
Our workforce is the backbone of our success, and as an organisation we are on a continuous journey of transformation, we are seeking a Director of Business Operations to play a pivotal role in leading our organisational change. This position will not only drive change across internal and client-facing processes and procedures to improve the overall quality of the xDesign experience.
Our partnership with MoneySaving Expert is an excellent example of this approach in action. Read our case study here.
About the role and team:
As the Director of Business Operations, you will act as an extension of the Executive team, to spearhead strategic initiatives and change within our organisation. Your role will be hands-on, focusing on the refinement and implementation of processes to ensure seamless operations driving towards operational excellence. With delegated authority from the Exec, you will lead initiatives that underpin our strategic direction with a strong emphasis on pragmatism and efficiency.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving the execution of programs and projects, focusing on the optimisation of both existing and new processes
- Leading the change management efforts to instil operational excellence throughout the organisation
- Building and maintain strong relationships across all departments, becoming a key influencer at senior levels
- Translating strategic directives into operational plans, ensuring alignment with company objectives
- Employing a hands-on approach to oversee the execution of operational improvements, ensuring they meet or exceed performance metrics
- Serving as a mediator facilitating decisions and actions that secure stakeholder buy-in
- Regularly assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of new and existing processes, making adjustments as necessary to drive continuous improvement
- Navigating complex change landscapes with agility, ensuring the workforce remains engaged and responsive to evolving operational demands
We’d love to talk to you if you are:
- Adept in program and project management within medium to large-sized organisations, with a keen eye for operational detail
- Skilled in change management, with a history of driving operational enhancements and establishing best practices in a medium to large-sized organisation
- Experienced at influencing at senior levels, with the ability to steer discussions and decisions effectively
- Skilled at leading cross-functional teams
- A master communicator, with a talent for negotiation and consensus building capable of achieving outcomes that resonate with all business stakeholders
- Proactive and resilient, with a track record of implementing change that sticks
- A strategic thinker when necessary, yet grounded in the practicalities of day-to-day operational success
What we’ll offer you:
We offer a collaborative and multidisciplinary approach to delivery and continue to bolster our market offering and further support clients on their journey to scale and grow. The Director of Business Operations will continue to enhance our operational structure and award-winning company culture - one that puts its own people, its clients, and the communities it works within, front and centre.
Our benefits include:
- 6 paid learning and development days a year and a generous individual budget
- Total 35 days holiday (we have flexible bank holidays)
- Comprehensive private medical insurance
- Enhanced parental and adoption leave
- 1-1 professional financial coaching
- Up to 50% off an electric vehicle
- Pension - matched up to 5%
At xDesign, we believe great digital experiences are built by great people who nurture great relationships. We're truly a people-first business and continuously work to make xDesign a comfortable, diverse and inclusive place for everyone.
Our people-focused approach recently earned us the #5 spot on the “UK’s Best Workplaces™ in Tech 2023”, and #1 spot on “UK’s Best Workplace for Wellbeing 2023”.
This is a hybrid role, requiring weekly attendance in our Edinburgh office.
We create and reinforce a culture that rewards employees’ impact, not just activity. We trust our employees to work autonomously and promote ownership across all levels.
Our TA team aims to respond to all applications within a reasonable timeframe, regardless of if we are progressing with your application.
30-minute call with one of our Talent Acquisition Team
- 1st stage interview
Panel Interview & Presentation (1 hr 30mins)
- Values & Leadership Interview (1 hour)
We believe that representative teams made up of people with different backgrounds, skills, and points of view help us build the best workplace possible, and enable us to create genuinely innovative, broadly useful products.
We are committed to our goal of creating the most inclusive workplace possible. As we strive to build an environment where everyone can thrive and be themselves, we will continue to investigate and challenge biases, while working to identify and remove obstacles to inclusion. If you need additional support or accommodation during the application process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.