xDesign is a UK-based Digital Development Partner working with some of the UK’s most recognisable brands like MoneySavingExpert, FanDuel and Tesco Bank. Our reputation as a partner determined to deliver high-quality and robust web and mobile products has enabled us to scale to over 500 people in the last few years.
Our partnership with MoneySaving Expert is an excellent example of this approach in action. Read our case study here.
About the role and team:
This is an opportunity to be a key member of the cross industry Sales team here at xDesign, responsible for driving business development within Scotland and working closely with members of the extended leadership team to acquire and expand customer relationships.
This position is highly visible, directly contributing to the organisation’s success by leveraging xDesign’s services and propositions.
As a Client Principal you are responsible for the full sales life cycle management, from relationship initiation to opportunity development and contracting, and continuing through contract fulfilment as you coordinate with delivery teams and manage customer satisfaction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying, qualifying, leading and closing new business opportunities to achieve assigned financial targets and pre-defined KPIs
- Completing market research and analysis of targeted companies and industry sectors to enable a data driven approach to activity and strategic decisions
- Actively participating in the development of marketing campaigns
- Tracking sales leads and opportunities to allow for regular reporting to senior management on account and opportunity status
- Defining business cases, technology solutions, proposals and propositions to solve customer problems consistent with team capabilities and strategy
- Commercial management of customer contracts, statements of work and financial models
- Developing teaming relationships and win strategies
- Representing and enhancing xDesign's reputation in the market through active participation and contribution to the broader technical community
We’d love to talk to you if you:
- Offer extensive and proven success in driving new business sales in a high growth IT Consulting firm across a range of industries such as Government, Financial Services, Energy, Retail & Gaming
- Hold a track record of exceeding performance expectations in generating yearly revenue (£2M-£3M) across consultancy led sales, new logo acquisition and account development
- Are dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering high-quality services to drive client success
- Can demonstrate understanding of a range of technology concepts such as agile delivery approaches, agile software development, application development cloud and DevOps, data & AI, managed services product development, customer experience and service design
- Have the ability to apply sound business judgement and innovation in approaching business challenges
- Are a highly effective oral and written communicator at all levels across both internal and external stakeholders
- Can productively collaborate and team with others to achieve goals and deadlines
- Demonstrate high energy & integrity in their approach to sales and client relationship management
- Have entrepreneurial or start up experience in a related technical area will also be considered
What we’ll offer you:
We're already in a strong position as a Digital Development Partner in the UK. We're working with some of the largest tech organisations in the UK, which means you'll be able to have a significant impact on further expanding our client portfolio.
Our benefits include:
6 paid learning and development days a year and a generous individual budget
Total 35 days holiday (we have flexible bank holidays)
Comprehensive private medical insurance
Enhanced parental and adoption leave
1-1 professional financial coaching
Up to 50% off an electric vehicle
Pension - matched up to 5%
At xDesign, we believe great digital experiences are built by great people who nurture great relationships. We're truly a people-first business and continuously work to make xDesign a comfortable, diverse and inclusive place for everyone.
Our people-focused approach recently earned us the #5 spot on the “UK’s Best Workplaces™ in Tech 2023”, and #1 spot on “UK’s Best Workplace for Wellbeing 2023”.
As this is a hybrid role, focussing on Scotland we’re looking for people within a commuting distance of our Edinburgh office and who are flexible to travel to client sites and xDesign regional offices. We are very flexible and trust you to manage your own time to balance valuable face-to-face time with clients, colleagues and working from home.
Our TA team aims to respond to all applications within a reasonable timeframe, regardless of if we are progressing with your application.
- 30 minute call with our Talent Acquisition Team
- 1-hour Competency based interview
- 90 minute Panel Interview & Presentation
- 1-hour Values led interview